I just realized I have FAILED to post a recipe of my Magical Banana Bread! OMG.
I call it magical because it is SO easy to tweak as you wish (I add below how I made a seasonal twist last time), it is delicious, and it is not THAT unhealthy, it is actually pretty good for you…especially if I can figure out how to completely cut the gluten out…Anyhow, give it a wirl!
- 3 large over-ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) apple sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) UNREFINED maple syrup
- 1 cups (240 g) whole wheat flour
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (240 ml) blueberries, raspberries, or whatever fruit (or NO fruit)
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts of choice (or more..I like walnuts)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray or wipe a 9×5-inch loaf pan with oil (I used a silicon loaf pan).
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas and add the lemon juice, aplle sauce and maple syrup. Stir well to combine. In a separate bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture, and stir just until the mixture is well-combined. Fold in the berries, nuts or what you are using.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the prepared pan and bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 50-60 minutes. Allow to cool before cutting and serving.
- DEVOUR! (try not to eat all at once)
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 50 minute(s)
>>>>>> For my seasonal variety, I used about 1/2 cup canned organic pumpkin instead of the apple sauce. I added cardamom and cinnamon (2 tspish each), and a small amount of organic vanilla extract. I also added a HUGE load of chopped walnuts…because I really like walnuts… Otherwise follow above instructions<<<<<<<<<<<<